Friday, November 5, 2010

A Month of Thanksgiving!

I'm a little late in writing about this since we are 5 days into November....but what else is new!

Lots of people around the blogosphere, and some of my friends on facebook have been doing posts on what they are thankful for, or doing something each day to give to others.

Last year the hubby and I took up this 30 day giving challenge from Kingdom First Mom!

While we enjoyed it, it was a stressful month for us for lots of other reasons! We were in the middle of moving (which both distracted us, AND helped since I was gathering stuff to give away while packing!), and I was unknowingly pregnant and starting to feel some symptoms.

I thought a lot about it and decided that this year it might be too much with a new baby, but I wanted to do something!

So I came up with this idea-

I'm leaving "Thankful" notes in the hubby's lunch cooler, everyday up til Thanksgiving, then planning to give them all back to him in a scrapbook for his birthday (a week after Thanksgiving!), along with pictures! I'm stealing the old ones back when I put the new ones in!

I've been writing them on plain old computer paper, but cutting them out with fancy scissors and writing nicely, so I can later mount them on scrapbook paper!

It's taking me just a few seconds everyday to write something I am thankful about him, and he has been LOVING it!

(I just now had to shoooo him from the room because he doesn't know about the scrapbook idea, nor does he know I'm planning to put in notes for a few more weeks! Can't have hi, see me writing!!)

They've been little notes that say things like how thankful I am he helps around the house, that he gave me a beautiful daughter, and that he loves me just the way I am! I haven't thought out all of the things I'm going to write yet, but he's such a great hubby I'm sure I won't run out of ideas!

What are your ideas for giving thanks this month?

Even in the midst of chaos, there is always *something* to be thankful for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!! I'd really love your comments!! Thanks for visiting me!!