Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chair Recover

I've been dyyyyyying to attack my parent's old dining room set they gave me a few months ago!

Planning to paint it (white I think!), but I couldn't look at the nasty '70ish material covering the seats one second longer!

I only got one chair semi-finished tonight so I'll still have to look at them awhile longer, but I am soooooo in love with this new redo!

Hopefully, you can tell the new one is the one on the left! If you're diggin the one on the right- wish you could see it in person- IIIICK!!!

Photobucket

NEW

Photobucket

Drop cloth cover, painted on nautical stripes using painter's tape and some navy paint I've had forever and use lots in my bedroom.

I'm thinking of painting some numbers over on the other side and putting the stripes in different areas on the other 5 chairs. Yep, I've got 5 more to go!


OLD

Photobucket

It's this nasty, icky, rough, weaved fabric that is probably older than me! Not fun to remove, took a lot of pulling with a flat head screw driver and pliers to get the rusty old nails out!

Linking up here:




Good Life Wednesdays

2 comments:

  1. Love the drop cloth cover and the nautical stripes. Looks wonderful, can't wait to see it all in white :) Thanks for dropping by Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new chair cover! Such a great idea. I'm working on finding something to cover my chairs as well, this was great inspiration...thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!!! I'd really love your comments!! Thanks for visiting me!!