Monday, October 4, 2010

I gave in......


(Image from Coffeeconfusion.com)


I haven't had coffee since December of '09! *gasp!*

Yes, I gave up one of my very favorite things, but not of my own choice!

I was about a month pregnant, and just starting to get morning sickness.  I was drinking a cup of coffee every single morning, usually flavored with pumpkin spice creamer! I was also thoroughly enjoying a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, when my wallet could afford it! Yuuuummmm!!

I don't know exactly how it happened, I just knew I could no longer drink it. It just didn't taste good anymore!

Although I had already switched to decaf, for the sake of my little baby girl, it was probably a good thing I gave it up!!

Just this past week, fall has really started to creep in around here! It has been pretty cold in the mornings, and I couldn't take it any longer!

 



(Picture from no17cherrytreelane)


I knew Pumpkin Spice was back at Starbucks, and on Saturday when I was up at 5am to drive to a friend's house to have a yard sale with her, I gave in.

I've been wanting coffee again for awhile, but knew that I'd be "addicted" again if I gave in even once. So, instead I've enjoyed the occasional coke or sweet tea, but still mostly avoiding caffeine drinks.  Really, I probably should just stick with tea or coffee since those do have some nutritional value. Pretty sure there's no reason to drink coke, except for the fact that it tastes goooooooood!

So, on a chilly 43 degree morning this past weekend, I caved. I sat in Starbucks drive through for at least 15 minutes, with only about 4 cars in front of me! I have no idea why it took so long, but that's how bad I wanted it!

It was worth....every...sip!! I am weak!!

Fortunately, I think I can handle not splurging on Starbucks version too much! I plan to search out the coffee-mate creamer instead (hoping it is back in stores already!), and also to make lots of visits to see the kids I used to nanny for as their momma bought some of the Starbucks syrup online last year and will make me FREE lattes.  Decaf, please! At least for now!!

Ahhhh, one of my favorite tastes of fall! I think I decided to rejoin the coffee club, just in time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!! I'd really love your comments!! Thanks for visiting me!!