Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blue and White Fall??

Like I mentioned yesterday, I'm looking for inspiration for fall by deviating from the normal yellows, reds and oranges, and leaning more towards, blacks, blues and creams for fall! Seems I'm not the only one!!

Did you know there was such a thing as  blue and gray pumpkins? I had no idea until I started looking around for where to find white pumpkins, and somehow came across lots of them!

Here's some places where I've found some inspiration....

Happy Mundane's Fall Centerpiece from last year



How completely simple and gorgeous!! (except for maybe the weird green one reminds me of a wicked witch with lots of hairy moles- but he totally put it in there to be a little quirky and unexpected!)


The Nester's Fall Mantle



She uses lots of blue tones in decorating like me, although much lighter shades. Love how simple this is and not a bit of bright yellow, orange or red in sight! Also check out that fireplace that she covered in vinyl and drew on bricks with chalk!! She's a renter like me, and she really knows how to make a temporary house a home!


Generally Creative's Pumpkins made from fabric remnants



Ummmm.....completely adorable!! Not a project I'll undertake since I'm not a sewer, but I want some of these! Maybe to cuddle up with on the couch! Love the shades of the same colors, the textures and just the total cuteness of these!


Domestically Speaking's Corn Husk Garland



If I had a place to hang it, I might make this! Corn husks definitely say fall, without having the fall colors I'm avoiding!



Less Than Perfect Life of Bliss White Leaf Wreath



A super easy Dollar Store wreath! Hmmmm.....I might have to add this to my to-do list of projects??


One Nutty Girl's Mantle



Ummm, hello!! Starfish as fall decor? Yes, please!! Fall happens at the beach too, ya know! :)


Between You & Me- Fall Sideboard Decor



Loving the textures here, and the vases of wheat are fantastic!!



I saw some gorgeous deep blue pumpkins at Hobby Lobby the other day. I almost snapped a picture and now I'm mad I didn't!! I can't stop thinking about them, so I think I may have to go get one!!


This picture is from last years, but it's all I could find online thanks to Life with Sprinkles on Top (the place where she found the pic, is a dead link!)



Actually, I think the current one in stores is a deeper, brighter shade.....I'm in love! Why didn't I snag it already?! Oh well, I have to go back anyways, and they are 50% off this week!


Although I'm still in the mood for searching for inspiration, I think it's time to call it quits! Ok.....Baby Girl is yelling at me that it's time to quit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!! I'd really love your comments!! Thanks for visiting me!!