Monday, July 21, 2008

Sand Ceremony Kit

Awhile ago, I ordered my sand ceremony kit from The Knot, I expected to like it....but I didn't expect to LOVE it as much as I do!!


Here's their website photo...


 



A reviewer on their site says that the "personalization" is a ribbon to put around the vase with a tag that has names and date on it. Not so with ours!! Maybe they got a clue by the review and decided to actually etch it on the vase! Ours main vase has our name and date inscribed!! Yippee!! I wasn't expecting it but greatly pleased and surprised!


Now it's not put together yet, and won't be until wedding day, but here's what it looks like apart...



I stuffed a dish towel inside the vase in an effort to show the inscription....obviously didn't work to well!


Then the wonderful fiance got the idea to stick it in front of his navy shirt so it would show up! Great idea baby!!



Many people have heard by now about the sand ceremony, but in case you haven't. here is a great website to check out for origin and ideas for your own ceremony.


Here's something similar to the description we plan on using, from the website above...



Officiant: Before us sits a container to symbolize the bonding of this union sealed with the love and blessing of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The white sand symbolizes the purity of a marriage covenant at which Christ Jesus is the center. The sands the couple holds represent their individual selves. As they pour these sands together and mix them, they symbolize the eternal bond that will hold them and their marriage together.
Officiant: (Bride/Groom) and (Groom/Bride) will now come together for the Mixing of the Sands. Just as Jesus Christ is the Lord of their lives and the Rock of their Salvation, He will now be the solid foundation that holds their marriage firm. This is symbolized by the white sand in the bottom of the bottle. (Bride/Groom) and (Groom/Bride) both have sands that symbolize their individual lives and selves. As they pour their sands in together, it shows how their lives- once separate- are now becoming intertwined as one. Just as it would be impossible to separate these sands once poured, their union shall make them inseperable as well. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

I'm loving this new way of doing a unity ceremony. I was pretty sure already that I didn't want to do the typical unity candle- just not me! I loved the idea of how the sands mix together along with the spiritual part.

We plan to have our pastor pour the foundational layer of white sand, then have each of our moms pour in a layer before they are seated, followed by Ray and I mixing the 3 together along with our pastor.

Can't wait to see how it turns out, and we plan on keeping it in the vase as a reminder to us always of how important our relationship is, but most importantly that it is founded in a relationship with the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!! I'd really love your comments!! Thanks for visiting me!!