Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Apothecary Beach Display

I'm getting pretty tired of decorating in my dining room- switching it out for every season. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I just need a change of pace/room!

Inspired by Emerald Cove's post on her apothecary jars in her bedroom.....


I thought I'd see what I could do with mine on my bedroom dresser! I posted about my recent Goodwill apothecary finds here, and decided to use them with beachy finds like Michelle did!

By the way, GOOOOOO see what she did with her bedroom and the AMAZING faux fireplace!! I want to steal every idea in there!!

My bedroom has been needing a change, but I've been working on so much else that I've put it off! This was a quick and easy change though!

Here's the before of the decor on top!

Photobucket

It's been like this since Christmas when I removed a shelf unit to make room for Baby Girl who stayed in our room since company stayed in hers. Some of the stuff from the shelf ended up here! I've got plans to redo the dresser that I slapped paint on awhile back without prepping it correctly! This was never how I intended for it to look!



And the after!


Photobucket



I glued the small apothecary jar up onto a Dollar Tree candle stick which I like much better! Added my driftwood sign I made (which I'm super glad I finally found a good home for!), lots of shells and sand- some bought some gathered from beaches myself, and a picture of Baby Girl's first view of the ocean last month at Tybee Island, GA (I'll be replacing this with a real pic! It's a computer printout for a quick fix!). I got the frame at Dollar Tree years ago! Love it and wish I'd gotten more at the time!

I also moved the crab sign down about 6 inches and am liking it alot better!

Photobucket



I also found some old, falling apart books and tied them with ribbon and twine. I'm already not super loving the way I tied them, so I'm looking into fixing that!

Photobucket



Here's some more close ups of details...


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

I still think it needs something else around it, but this wall is limited because our huge TV shelves are to the left of it! I also need to do something about the clock I removed! It's so super ugly, but functional! I need to see the time in the middle of the night to know if Baby Girl is waking up because she's hungry or just needs to be soothed back to sleep!

So far, I'm super happy about this display! I love finding inspiration around bloggy land!

For more inspiration, check out these lovely ladies and their fantasitc parties I'm linking this to!













Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays



Tip Junkie handmade projects

1 comment:

  1. I love apothecaries and have to check out every post that I see with them! Yours look great! I also love your driftwood beach sign! I'd love it if could stop by and help me celebrate my one year blogiversay! I'm kicking it off with a Starabucks Gift Card giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!!! I'd really love your comments!! Thanks for visiting me!!