Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dollar Tree Roses

I'm working on an aqua, light pink and white Valentine's vignette. I don't normally decorate for Valentine's Day, and I wasn't planning to this year. But reading blogs....I got the bug!

Here's what I'm currently working on (and have the hot glue bits stuck to my fingernails to prove it!)

I'm making over these blah Dollar Tree Roses. Here's the white ones I've yet to re-do.

Photobucket



The flower itself is really pretty, but the leaves are just iiiiickkkk! Trust me, they look worse in person than in this photo. Plus they are tissue papery, and they were so awful, I almost walked right by them. Then, I tugged at one and realized it could come off and one pink and one white bouquet hopped into my cart!

The petals are kind of foamy and lightweight and have shiny glitter on them- not realistic, but pretty!

Here's the pink bouquet made over:

Photobucket



I used my Silhouette to make the leaves (with a leaf shape included already!) out of cardstock, small ones for around the rose and bigger ones for the leaves on the stems. The leaves I took off did leave some nasty bright green spots around the roses I had to cover up, plus the flowers now looked nekkid!

Then I wrapped some jute twine around the stems to add some texture!
I simply used hot glue to keep it all in place! They're a bit messy, but only I can tell!

Photobucket



Again, not realistic looking, but that's not what I was going for! Plus I can use these for years to come!

Cost- $2! I had all the supplies on hand except the actual roses! Glad I got the pink ones when I did, because I couldn't find any pink the next time I went!

Off to go rip the nasty leaves and re-do the white ones!
Hopefully in the next day or two I'll have my Valentine's vignette fixed up so you can see how I use these pretty babies!


Show and Tell Green








1 comment:

Let me know what you think!!! I'd really love your comments!! Thanks for visiting me!!