Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Biggest Loser!



Has there EVER been a bride who WASN'T concerned about her weight before her wedding? It seems to me that an engagement ring really kick-starts a diet!! Of course, most woment are always thinking about losing weight, etc.....but especially when that ring comes!! The wedding will be a day when ALL eyes will be on her...and examining just how good she looks in that dress!!

I've been working for awhile on losing weight- actually since before I got engaged, but the enagement was JUST the kick in the pants I needed to get moving! After my two injuries last year- not being able to exercise or cook meant lots of fast food, sitting around...and lots of extra weight! :o(

It was also a kick in the pants for the fiance! I have to say, that this is the FIRST time in my life that I have ever felt so completely accepted by someone who truly loves ME not just how I look. And he couldn't care less if I gained or lost any weight! I feel the same way about him! I've been in those relationships where the guy makes you feel like a pig for wanting chocolate during "that time" or during any time!! I'm so happy to have found someone who loves me for me!! NO MATTER WHAT!! So this is about doing it for ourselves!!

 





 This commercial for Slim Quick cracks me up! I haven't tried the stuff, and am definitly not saying you should or shouldn't- I have no idea if the stuff works....I just like the commercial because it is sooooooo true!!

This commercial especially rings true for Ray and I lately...by eating less, healthier and lower fat....he's shrinking away!! i'm losing some, and I'm actually pretty happy to be fitting into lots more of my spring/summer clothes this year. But I'm still jealous of how fast his is dissappearing!!

We REALLY need to start incorporating exercise....but who has time to trek all the way to the apartment workout room??!! I am trying to use some workout videos and some hand held weights at home....but I'm too ashamed to be honest about the last time I did anything!! I think my running around like crazy is helping burn extra calories!! That and the fact that it's been a couple months since I've tasted a hamburger and french fries!!

I'd love to hear from other brides how you dropped weight/got healthier for your wedding! I'm not looking for quick fixes (not yet anyways! haha!) or scams diets that make you starve or take crazy pills!! I'd love any REAL tips though! I'll be doing another post on some great food ideas I've come up with for Ray and I lately!

Good thing we're not in the reality show Biggest Loser...I'd have been gone long ago...but Ray might be in the lead!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!! I'd really love your comments!! Thanks for visiting me!!