Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Little White Dress



 

That special dress is possibly the most important detail of a wedding! If I had all the money in the world, I would've picked a dress from Jasmine Bridal like one of these above! Most of us girlie brides had an idea of what we wanted in a dress loooong ago! Jasmine dresses were some of the first I fell in love with several years back while browsing through a friends bridal magazine.

It can also be a looooong and frustrating process for some people! I took the least frustrating route! (after a couple hit and misses at some stores that were too crazy to even try on!) And I am completely thrilled with the result!

I found my wedding dress a long time ago! It was the FIRST dress I'd ever tried on! You wouldn't even beleive me if I told you how much I paid for it! It definitely was a price a "Fabuless" bride would pay! HeHe! I plan on doing a post later about where I got it, but need some more pics from there first! The only pics I have right now are me in the dress and I am NOT posting those because I know that Mr. Fiance reads this every now and then!! (Hi, baby!)

My dress is WHITE....really WHITE!! It's what I've always wanted. I'm just not an ivory person! It's fine, I have nothing against it, but I just like white better!! I wear white in my everyday life more than ivory!

When I started my search, I already knew exactly where I WASN'T going to go! That big awful chain with the mean sales people! Yeah, you know what I'm talking about if you've ever been a bride or a bridesmaid! I've been in 10 weddings and had about half of my bridesmaid dresses from there. Dresses are fine, service is not!!

I headed out to several smaller places around town- which also equaled greater prices! My bridesmaid and long time friend Kelley was a HUGE help in this process! She knew I was on the hunt for a white dress, and so we went to a location with that color in the name...that's all I'll say!! We were overwhelmed with the bright wild colors and throngs of school girls looking for prom dresses at first, but glad to see the calm of the bridal room! There were LOTS of beautiful dresses, and many white ones among them! As we are looking at WHITE dresses.....one of the employees behind us, helping a bride is discussing the color of the dress the bride is trying on.

Bride- "Is an ivory color like this ok to wear?"
Sales attendant- "Oh yeah! Nooooo one wears white anymore! Ugh!"

I thought that Kelley might march over to the sales attendant to give her a piece of her mind! Couldn't she see that we were right there looking at white dresses??!!!

We didn't last much longer in the store. Especially after we were "caught" taking photos of dresses, which apparently there are signs everywhere saying that you can't!! We honestly  never saw a thing! How could we, with the millions of teenage girls milling about in the other room?! And hey, I could just go find the dress in a magazine or online anyways!

Needless to say, we left and never came back!! Even though I didn't want to spend a lot on a dress, if I'd found one I was in love with there, I would've bought it!! But then, they obviously didn't want to sell any white dresses! I think a name change is in order for them!

Ended up that my dress is actually FROM the warehouse store mentioned above. I simply bought it in a consignment shop and paid MUCH less and have no hassle to deal with!

Bottom line, it is YOUR wedding!! Wear whatever you want!! If you want a red dress....go for it!! I wouldn't, but I'm not about to tell someone else what's ok or not ok for their own wedding...Although if you are going for camouflage, I might just have to tell you how ridiculous you look....aka Redneck weddings.

I had a parent of a student tell me today, that if anything goes wrong at the wedding, or someone tells me that something isn't exactly perfect, to just say "I planned it that way." That way, if the bride planned it, no one can say anything about it! So if someone doesn't like the fact that I'm wearing a white dress because it's "not in style"....I planned it that way!!

Oh, and my dress has no train!! Guess what? I planned it that way!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!! I'd really love your comments!! Thanks for visiting me!!