Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 18- Letter Blocks




Continuing this weeks random theme of sign inspiration, here is another idea!

I made these little letter blocks right before one of the shows I did. I ran out of time to make as many as I wanted, and haven’t made any more, but I’ve still been selling a lot of them! It’s been something fun for kids to look through to find their own initials while their parents are shopping the rest of my signs!

I made these using stickers (see how to here).

DSC_0019 (2)

Sorry the picture is so bright!! I keep them in this divider that was originally a shelf that I spray painted to look shabby white and use it at sales along with these blocks in it.

A customer asked if I could make larger blocks in her last name, in the same green and red, but with some cream blocks too and brown letters. This is what I came up with for her…

SAM_0214 (800x223)

Love it! Put them on top of my fence, because I’ve realized outside is where I get my best pictures of what my signs actually look like! It was a bright day though, so they really aren’t THAT shiny!!


Up close look…

SAM_0216 (800x386)

I didn’t make these larger ones with stickers but created my own stencils with this method.

Soooo many possibilities!!!

To see the rest of my 31 days of signs posts, check out these links,


Intro

How to make signs:

Day 1- Where to find wood
Day 2- Gathering your supplies
Day 3- Making signs using your own stencils
Day 4- Making signs using pre-made stencils
Day 5- Making signs with stickers
Day 6- Making signs free-handed
Day 7- Making signs with stamps
Day 8- Making signs with transfers
Day 9- Print a sign
Day 10- Making signs with cutouts
Day 11- Recap- 8+ ways to make signs

Beach Weekend:

Day 12- Beach Subway Art
Day 13- All You Need is Love and the Beach
Day 14 - More Beach Signs
Day 15- Small Beach Signs

Various Signs:

Day 16- Girlie Signs
Day 17- Dr. Suess Inspired Signs




I sometimes link up to these lovely ladies' parties:

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Specialshabby creek cottageMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
HookingupwithHoH Sew Chatty
Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!! I'd really love your comments!! Thanks for visiting me!!