Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 15 - Small beach signs



It’s the last day of the beach segment of my 31 days of making wood signs!

Today, I’m going to show you the small beach signs/blocks/ornaments that I’ve made!

I had a really rough scrap piece of wood that I bought on the scrap cart at Home Depot! I thought some really small hanging signs would look good made out of this wood!

Here’s a look at all the different ones I made….

340590_304788722865595_1512171268_o

And a better look at just the beachy ones!

DSC_0020 (2)

(Totally looks like these are on sand, huh?! It’s my driveway! Ha!)


339677_304789012865566_1244558350_o

The hubby bought a circular saw for Christmas, but I made these before then, so I had my dad help me out! I painted the boards the letter color, he cut them, I drilled the holes.

Later I added my stencils I cut, spray painted over the letters and removed them to reveal the words beneath, then strung them up with jute twine.

I used a lot of these on my Christmas tree last year, and sent several to my best friend!

I also made these beachy blocks that are perfect for setting on a shelf.

SAM_0202 (2)

SAM_0202

And awhile back I posted on making these beachy letter blocks, if you want to check them out!


DSC00672


Well, that wraps up beach weekend!! Lots more great sign ideas to come though!

Check out the rest of my 31 days of making signs series here:

Intro

How to make signs:

Day 1- Where to find wood
Day 2- Gathering your supplies
Day 3- Making signs using your own stencils
Day 4- Making signs using pre-made stencils
Day 5- Making signs with stickers
Day 6- Making signs free-handed
Day 7- Making signs with stamps
Day 8- Making signs with transfers
Day 9- Print a sign
Day 10- Making signs with cutouts
Day 11- Recap- 8+ ways to make signs

Beach Weekend:

Day 12- Beach Subway Art
Day 13- All You Need is Love and the Beach
Day 14 - More Beach Signs


I sometimes link up to these lovely ladies' parties:

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Specialshabby creek cottageMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
HookingupwithHoH Sew Chatty
Photobucket





1 comment:

  1. What a great decorative use for scrap lumber! I love little wooden signs and these would make great gift tags! The blocks are easily changed with the seasons. I enjoyed your post.

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!!! I'd really love your comments!! Thanks for visiting me!!