Sooo, I’m starting up the business again getting back to making signs, and I thought I’d jump all in by joining in The Nester’s 31 days project! I know I’ll be among some great and intimidating company, and if nothing else this will be a spot for me to come back and look to for inspiration even if no one else ever reads it!!
For a little over a year and a half now, I’ve been making wooden signs, starting off as gifts, then working onto creating a business Designs by Daisy, where so far I’ve sold at craft fairs and to some family, friends and friends of friends through posting my signs on Facebook.
I loooooove making them, and I’ve spent a lot of time searching ways to make them and finding inspiration from all over blog land.
My purpose in my 31 days topic is NOT to get you to buy my signs, but to share my methods and other methods out there that anyone can easily use to make their own, and to inspire you and myself with many different ideas by featuring different types of signs I’ve made and featuring different shops and blogs throughout blog land that share the same love of signs! Although if you are interested in any thing available that's great! Email me or see my Facebook page for current signs for sale! I'm currently only selling inventory, not custom made signs!
Here’s my plan so far for the 31 days:
(I’ll be coming back here and linking my posts up each day so that this is the landing place for all posts!)
Part 1 – Sign making supplies and methods
- Day 1- Where to find wood
- Day 2- Gathering your supplies
- Day 3- Making signs using your own stencils
- Day 4- Making signs using pre-made stencils
- Day 5- Making signs with stickers
- Day 6- Making signs free-handed
- Day 7- Making signs with stamps
- Day 8- Making signs with transfers
- Day 9- Print a sign
- Day 10- Making signs with cutouts
- Day 11- Recap of 8+ ways to make signs
- Day 12 - Beach Subway Art
- Day 13- "All you need is love and the beach"- pillow and signs
- Day 14- More Beach Signs for Beach Weekend
- Day 15 - Small Beach Signs
- Day 16- Girlie Signs
- Day 17- Dr. Suess Inspired Signs
- Day 18 - Letter Blocks
- Day 19 - Bushel and a Peck Signs
Part 4 – Fall and Christmas Signs
- Day 21 - Fall Signs Part 1
- Day 22 - Fall Signs Part 2
- Day 23- Give Thanks Signs
- Day 24- Christmas Letter Blocks
- Day 25- Joy Peace and Noel Blocks
- Day 26- Merry Christmas Signs
- Day 27- Christmas Subway Art Signs
Part 5 – Making signs as Gifts
Like I said, this is my tentative plan, and may change as I go along! I can’t even promise it’ll be 31 straight days, because I have this……
My three month old
My two year old!
But I’m going to make my best effort to post as much as I can and hope you’ll follow along!
Check out The Nester’s linkup for all the others writing a 31 day series! There’s sure to be lots more great things to read!