Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 7- Making signs with stamps



We've covered where to find your wood, supplies, making signs with your own or pre-made stencils, making signs with stickers and making them free-handed.

Today's method is making signs with stamps.

I purchased this set of stamps from Joann's with a 40% off coupon, so they really didn't cost that much. Stamps are great for making gift tags, scrapbooking, all kinds of other ideas, and of course signs as we'll discuss today!




Can't help sharing these cute little ones too....I haven't even used them yet, but plan to. Maybe for gift tags for Christmas?




I had this idea for a sign for my husband for his birthday, which is 15 days before Christmas. He absolutely looooooves this song. I used to think it was annoying, but he started last year playing it for our then one-year-old, and she loved it too. It's the "la, la, la, la, la" part that got to me, but she made it cute by trying to sing it! So it grew on me.  He loves it soooo much that I knew he would love a sign with the words on it!


And I realized it had some really great words about the beach, and Christmas....and well those are two of my favorite things soooo I came up with this sign.....



I painted the background white, then just dabbed various blues in streaks across it to come up with a snowy, beachy look!


Then I dipped my stamps in navy paint and stamped the words on. I didn't care if it wasn't perfect.


It hangs on the wall during the winter with a painting we got on our honeymoon in Costa Rica, and some beach subway art I'll be showing you later this week!




Check out all the other posts in my 31 day series on making signs.


Day 1- Where to find wood










I sometimes link up to these lovely ladies' parties:
shabby creek cottage
Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!! I'd really love your comments!! Thanks for visiting me!!