Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 9: Print a sign


31 days


This is part of my 31 day series on making wood signs. To see the other ways we've discussed making signs already, visit the 31 day introduction page.

Don’t want to spend the time working on painting, stenciling, or transferring a sign? Print it out!!
You can develop a photo or print from your home computer and adhere to wood for a “sign” appearance! Super easy!

Here’s one I made for my husband for his first father’s day.


DSC_0004 (2)

It’s easier to read in person and says “Some day I will find my prince, buy my daddy will always be my king.” So sweet of my husband and my oldest little one! I would've liked the words to be bigger, but this totally worked to make a sign in a pinch!

Here’s how to do it:

1. Decide what picture/saying etc. you want to use.

2. Print it out on your home printer or send it to get printed from a photo developer. (I chose 1 hr. printing since I have a laser printer that isn’t great for pics!)

3. Pick out your board and predrill holes for hanging with ribbon, twine ,etc., or nail a saw tooth hanger to the back.

4. Paint your board whatever the background color of your print is. I painted mine black on all sides and at the top (where you’d see around the holes).

5.  If you drilled holes for hanging, line up and hole punch your picture so that you can tie off your twine or ribbon.

4. Spray your picture with spray adhesive if it’s a printed photo, and if you use a printed picture you can mod podge the board, then lay down your picture and smooth out air bubbles.

5. Thread your twine or ribbon, or just pound a nail in the wall and display!



The Winthrop Chronicles did an awesome tutorial on how she made this Baby Stats Subway art, just by printing and mod podging.  Hop over to see how she did it!

I really thought this was an actual painted sign when I saw it!


 
Go to my 31 day series homepage to see all the posts on sign making (updated each day new posts are added!).

Or check out what we've discussed so far!


Day 1- Where to find wood






I sometimes link up to these lovely ladies' parties:
shabby creek cottage


My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special
HookingupwithHoH
PhotobucketSew Chatty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!! I'd really love your comments!! Thanks for visiting me!!